UPDATE on Cow's Milk Protein Allergy in My Baby

     I tried eating pizza (with highly processed cheese) the other weekend to see if my daughter had outgrown her milk protein allergy/didn't have an allergy, and the results were bloody stools two days after consuming pizza. It was a sad day for mom. I had started to be less careful with eating out and at work to see if my daughter could tolerate it. She can handle small, very small amounts of milk or soy protein, but not four squares of delicious pizza cheese :( Alas, I will continue to breastfeed. My goal is 6 months! I have been able to eat well without dairy or soy, and I have been able to pump at work. Amelia has almost been EBF for 5 months!!! After 6 months, we shall reevaluate how mommy and baby are doing. If work allows me too, I shall continue. If, as a medical intern, I can not find the time, I will nourish my baby with yummy organic fruits and vegetables and a substitute for breast milk.

Comments